Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back from Ohio!

Mom loved her quilt! She has it on her couch as a throw and it looks great in her home. We had a little birthday celebration as soon as we got to her house so she could spread it out and see it. Her cats have not noticed it yet, but I'm sure there will be some napping with the quilt as soon as they do.

Mom and I shopped, went to a concert in the park, and went to the Longaberger Homestead over in Frazeysburg, Ohio. I did a lousy job taking pictures of all of this, but I did manage to get a couple at Longaberger. Here's the corporate headquarters building:



And here's the giant basket at the Homestead:


I bought a basket or two (which I had to ship, so I'll post pictures when they arrive), and Mom gave me the Woven Memories basket for my birthday which is in just a few days. Thanks Mom!

As you can see, we had perfect weather. We stopped off at Miller's, a restaurant near the corporate headquarters which serves Amish food. It was delicious. Then we drove home, enjoying the lightning bugs which we do not have here in Colorado.
All in all, we had a great visit.
I won't speak of the plane ride, except to say it was most unpleasant.

No comments: